template

Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 12 NSV?

Not sure if this fits into a NSV, but I felt such a sense of achievement at eating a food further along the mushies transition.
I ate:
- a small portion of fresh Salmon, with Hollandaise sauce
- 3 tablespoons of  mashed potato, mixed with a tablespoon of low fat yogurt, and spanish smoked paprika.
- small floret of steamed softened broccoli

Seems pathetic when you try to explain to someone else that you feel a sense of achievement, victory, over the monster that has driven my appetite, and my weight gain for much of my life.

The amount of food is so small, I still look at it and think that there is no way that could satiate me. The band corrects me, and retrains the self destructive patterns of eating that allowed me to become Morbidly Obese, threaten my health, and damage my self esteem. It is similar to the effects of an appetite suppressant, but without the nasty side effects.

As I don't own a set of scales as yet, I cannot tell you what I weigh. :-o
My goals have been to concentrate on the eating and adjustment to foods rather than weight loss itself at the moment. I feel that once I get my head around things, the weight loss will happen naturally. ( *hopes*)
I know that I have lost weight since surgery, but I guess I am not the type to overly fixate on things, even though I think it's important in this instance.

I'll buy a set of scales this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth I envy you so much for not being obsessed with the scales. What a healthy attitude to have. You are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine not having a scale. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Bonnie on that...sadly, a life with no scale is unfathomable to me.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete